Eagle earns awards at NPA contest
by Nathan Arneal
The North Bend Eagle placed third overall in a state-wide contest among newspapers in its circulation classification published in 2011. Results of the Nebraska Press Association’s Better Newspaper Contest were announced at the NPA convention this past weekend in Lincoln.
The Eagle picked up 12 individual awards, including first place in seven categories.
• Sports Page
• Feature Series: the Eagle’s “Music of the Bend” series looking at local bands.
• News Writing: for Nathan Arneal’s “It’s just a building now” story on the closing of the North Bend Methodist church.
• Advertising Campaign: for the a series of ads for the Presbyterian church.
• Community Promotion Advertisement: for the Eagle’s “Small Business Saturday” featuring several area small businesses.
• Use of Computer Graphics Produces In House: for a graphic introducing the Winter Sport Preview featuring local athletes.
• Special Section in Multiple Editions: for the two weeks of NBC fall sports previews
• Web Site: northbendeagle.com
• Building Circulation promotion: for the “This is the Eagle” series.
• Sports Column Writing: Nathan Arneal’s “From the Banks of Maple Creek”
• Small Ad: For an ad promoting Farmland Basketball League games
<<Back to the front page